Fall is here! For most of the country, there are only a few more weeks of good weather left before the chill of winter creeps in. We want to help you make the most out of your free time so we’ve put together a list of 5 fun things to do with your family this fall.
1. Visit a local farm. Many local farms host harvest festivals each fall. Journey through a corn maze, educate yourself on new animals at the petting zoo and pick the perfect pumpkin to take home. While you’re there pick a handful of delicious apples to make a homemade pie!
2. Go outside. Put on a few layers and have the kids help with the yard work. Once you’ve raked up all the leaves, jump in the pile! You may have to rake a few times but the memories will be worth it. Use the leaves to stuff an old pair of pants and a shirt to make a scarecrow.
3. Make a mess in the kitchen. Bake yummy fall treats like pumpkin bread, apple pie and warm soups. Go with the kids to deliver these goodies to elderly neighbors or the residents of a local retirement home. They’ll learn valuable life skills in the kitchen and get a great example of caring for others at the same time.
4. Decorate your home. Have a craft day with the kids to create beautiful art to display around your home. We have a fall Pinterest board dedicated to giving you décor inspiration. Check it out at pinterest.com/morespaceplace/holiday-cheer/
5. Host your own fall festival. Let your children proudly showcase everything they’ve learned in the kitchen and the craft room. Invite your neighbors over and offer fun children’s activities like bobbing for apples and roasting marshmallows.
We want to help make this fall one that you will remember for years to come. Does your family have a unique fall tradition? We’d love to hear from you in the comments section below! Don’t forget to follow More Space Place on Pinterest for more family fun ideas!