As summer winds down, it’s time to start thinking about how you are going to neatly tuck away the summer clothes, games, and activities that you’ve been using for the past few months. Don’t just shove everything into a corner of the garage. That will only breed more clutter. With custom designs from More Space Place, we can help you organize your seasonal items to keep them clean and in good condition for next year. We’ve organized some of our best tips below by common clutter-zones in homes.
- Keep large bulky items like surfboards, lawn chairs, or even the grill tucked away in large closets and cabinets. You could even dedicate a small shed for storing these seasonal items.
- Ceiling racks are helpful for keeping your garage floor clear all year round. Use them to keep items like holiday décor and bikes off the floor. Pulleys and wall storage hooks are other popular alternatives.
- Drawers and cabinets let you easily access sports equipment that you use throughout the year. If you or your kids play multiple sports throughout the year, simply rotate items each season so that the items you need the most at that time are within reach.
- Air tight containers keep fragile items corralled and bugs out. It’s perfect for light bulbs or even soccer balls. Keep in mind that slide out baskets can also keep these items out of harm’s way.
- Flexible closets let you rotate items throughout the seasons. For example, adjustable shelves let you move tall boots and sandals in and out as weather changes if you need to.
- For seasonal items like bathing suits and sundresses, tuck them away in overhead storage bins or cabinets.
- Rearrange clothes you’ll be needing for school or for work. Stocking up on essentials a few weeks before the kids go back to school is a great way to get the best deals and help them feel prepared for the new school year.
- Go through your linen closet and change your bed sheets for better sleep. Organize towels, comforters, and sheets so everything is neat and easy to find. This is an easy summer project to check off your list!
- Use labeled baskets and bins to hold board games and other miscellaneous items in your linen closet.
- If you have a spare bedroom that has been used as a collecting ground for misplaced items, be sure to clear it out so it can be used as a productive study space when school starts.
- Continue clearing out clutter by moving items to their rightful places in your home.
- If you need more storage space, consider a customized unit from More Space Place to combine storage shelves, cabinets, or even a Murphy bed and desk space. We can even create a space for multiple purposes or work zones.
The school year is almost here! Make sure you, your family, and your home are ready by getting organized. Get more organization tips by visiting your local More Space Place location today.